Wednesday, May 13, 2009

welcome

to a random brainchild, an experiment. My vision: like-minded young 20-somethings connecting online, from all over anywhere, consulting, sharing, and generally being awesome together. I respect and admire everyone who endeavors to be a part of this (even friends of friends who I've never met...feel free to invite anyone along who you think would be a good addition to the mix). We can make up prompts for each other, or shoot questions out there, or this can evolve and morph into...whatever. Everyone can edit and add and change anything: list of favorite websites, blog list, favorite books, or whatever. It can be serious and silly, intellectual or not. To begin: who are you? Where are you? What are you up to?

I'm Annette. I'm in France, right now and for the next few months: L'Isle sur la Sorgue, outside of Avignon, and will be in Biarritz this summer. I'm adventuring: my goal is to teach English on as many continents as possible. Europe: check. Next...? I also figure that I lived approx. the first 22 years of my life in the U.S., so I'm ready to spend the next 22 (or the majority) elsewhere... I'm working hard on living in the moment, enjoying the good life right now (friends, wine, food, fun, random adventures, being more spontaneous and having to have everything planned out), and not worrying too much about my next step, or where I'm going to be in 1, 5, 10 years, or how I'm measuring up to the other people in my high school graduating class. Easier said than done.

"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it." -Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment